Sunday 11 December 2011

Perfume-Chanel-No.19 Parfum & EDT

No.19 (Parfum version) by Chanel smells like lush vegetation, really green, no flower at all in the beginning. The vegetation is more to an opulent, round end instead of the sharp crispy end.

Then it becomes more powdery, as in cool violet powder/waxy way, still no sweetness at all. Later on some dusty powder notes joins in and it is really close to skin. Soon after this phase, it starts to bloom! To me it smells elegant, still cold, but much less mean than before. It is in a refined cool way, something like talc/baby powder kinda cold freshness emits.

The dry down has a little bit weird but still nice rubber-like undertones, which is quite Chanel.

The EDT has a sweeter and fresher opening than the Parfum. The vegetation is more crispy and young in a slightly more optimistic way. Soon I can smell some floral hint, something like Anais Anais’, but rounder and refined and the floral notes just gets better and better with time. Like a discreet rose plus cleanness of lily-of-the-valley. It makes me think that it could be what a little elegant white chiffon dress smells like. Similar to the Parfum version, it is close to skin but the EDT has better projection.

However, the dry down of EDT version makes me feel sick as I’m so not a fan of overly obvious leather notes, it’s like leather plus rubber :S oh, well, surely the right person can pull it off, but…not me.

Chanel No.19 is wearable because it’s really quite and close to skin, but to me, it lacks some kind of warmth I want. Not my cup of tea, but I’m sure it would suit some independent business guru in a meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment